How to start electrical services
Features of the business.
If you want to start a business in the field of electrical services, we think that you are already a specialist in this field and perfectly understand what kind of service you want to provide to your customers. Nevertheless, it will be useful to once again identify the main directions in this business and mention important aspects.
80% of the companies in the market for electrical services in the United States, this is a small business with no more than 10 electricians in the state.
Your company’s electricians should be able to solve problems in both residential and commercial electrical systems. Some may specialize in a particular system; others may even work in industrial systems. An electrician must have one of three types of licenses. The license begins with the student, then the apprentice, and ends with the master license. Electricians must pass certification exams and have sufficient experience to improve licensing.
- Residential & Commercial
- Electrical Rewiring
- Electrical Installations
- Electrical Repairs
- Emergency Services
Distinctive features of electrical specialists:
1) A true professional will always look neat, no matter what work he or she performs. And what’s important, a good employee will have business cards with the name of the organization and / or name, phone number and work permit number.
2) An excellent specialist quickly responds to orders and is ready to give free consultation on the order to discuss all the important points in advance. Our software allows you to bill and monitor each stage of the work from the receipt of the order to the specialist to the travel time and completion of the work.
3) A true professional will never agree to deal with an order without the required license. Licenses are additional protection for the owner of the property, ensuring that the activity has been performed safely and efficiently.
Tips for Growing Your Electrical Business
Tip №1: Client base
At the start of your business, make it a rule to maintain a single customer base! To develop your business, it is important to combine all your contacts into one central database. The Everis platform contains customer relationship management tools that can be easily customized to meet your needs.
Tip №2: Feedback
Regardless of the number of your employees, their experience, and work experience, you need to find the most effective way to collect feedback in your organization. It will also give you the opportunity to identify important target customers. Review history can tell you a lot more than you can imagine.
Tips №3: Brand
Name branding is an excellent way to stick in someone’s mind. Place your company logo wherever you have a potential customer. It can be just a business card, company cars, professional clothes, helmets with your logo, and stickers strategically placed at the end of the project. And even a personal mobile application for your client with the logo and services of your company.
Tips № 4: Marketing strategy
Successful organizations, large or small, have a clear marketing strategy and plan. To understand the point, clearly answer the following questions?
- What types of work will bring you income?
- Where do you see your future earnings/profits?
- Which geographic areas will you serve more often?
- Do you have the tools to answer these questions? If not, what do you plan to do to find answers to these questions?
If almost everyone in your company cannot answer these questions, it will be difficult for you to get everyone together to work on a specific marketing project. Marketing your company is group work. Everything from how the registrar processes call to the delivery of an order will either bring you closer to the next client or project or remove it from it.
Tools that allow you to see the result of your efforts, successes, and failures, save time, and eliminate many errors. Make sure your team understands that your common goal is to generate revenue, not waste time and money.
Tips № 5: Lines of communication
Promptly educate your clients on the progress of work in full scope. But for this, it is equally important that dispatchers and craftsmen should be comfortable discussing the progress of work. Such open communication lines easily allow you to make the necessary decisions about upcoming changes to the order without unnecessary calls and approvals. Regularly informing your customers about progress, problems and solutions will provide the level of trust necessary for a strong relationship.
The Everis team wishes you success in your work and is always ready to help in creating a successful business and excellent work processes!