TIME TO ACT!
Read to create your own repair service company easily.
Why appliance repair?
The most popular service among the necessary is the appliance repair. The past five years have been successful for appliance repair services as a result of personal income growth, which has enabled consumers not to repair home appliances on their own. At the same time, many consumers replaced appliances, in particular, smaller ones, and low initial purchase costs made it possible to apply for industrial services when their appliances began to malfunction. Consequently, industry revenues grew on year to $ 4.9 billion U.S. five years before 2019.
In 2020 alone, revenue for the home appliance repair industry is expected to grow by 1.3%. In connection with the economic situation today and the decline in income among the population, it is expected that the industry’s profit in the current period will increase significantly. An important factor is also the increasing complexity of devices, which will encourage consumers to seek repair specialists instead of having to carry out repairs themselves.
Education and competency.
Find appliance repair courses, including books, appliance repair schools, free appliance repair courses, and online appliance repair courses
If you decide to pursue a career as an Appliance Repair Technician, you may want to consider a training program that will teach you the basics, such as a professional certification program, and also consider an online diploma program for higher qualifications. The National Appliance Service Technician Certification (NASTeC) and the Professional Service Association’s (PSA) certifications are two of the most popular awards you need to earn to successfully apply your experience.
There are a variety of educational opportunities offered through online programs. Depending on your interests, you may find a program that specializes in in-home or small appliances or ones that specialize in larger appliances, such as in heating and air conditioning repair. General coursework for home appliance repair may include testing electrical appliances, gas control systems, replacing broken circuitry, diagnostic testing, common tool repair, procedures for ordering repair parts, thermodynamics, preventative maintenance procedures, customer relations, safety, legal and ethical standards, as well as, basic bookkeeping practice, just to name a few.
The training, licensing, and certification required to do this type of work depends on where you live. Check with your state and municipality to find out about the requirements in your area. It’s also important to note that working with appliances that contain refrigerants (air conditioning equipment, refrigerators, freezers, etc.) requires that you obtain certification through the Environmental Protection Agency.
- The book “Troubleshooting and Repairing Major Appliances”, by Eric Kleinert.
Repair training resources:
- YouTube Videos (search on “appliance repair training”)
- Repair Forums (check out appliantology.org)
- Free Online Service Manuals (a good free source is appliancejunk.com)
- Parts Sites (repairclinic.com has repair videos & partselect.com has DIY advice)
STEP 2 :
Build your business tools:
- Build your repair business web site with a handy site builder like Tilda, Wix, or whatever. They offer cost-effective hosting with unlimited resources for bandwidth, storage, and email accounts.
- Get your toll-free number with Ring Central, which is very economical for a start-up business.
- Create business cards, they will greatly help in promoting your business.
- You will need tools for billing and accepting payments from customers on cards. The “Everis” service allows you to have all this and more.
Promote your business
- Post your home appliance repair website in free directories.
- Place business cards at local grocery stores, businesses, and party venues.
- Buy an inexpensive sign and place it on the road.
- Contact local appliance businesses to find out if they need help. You can enter into a partnership agreement with a used appliance dealer who needs a service technician to forward orders.
- Sign a contract with a home warranty company.
– You get paid, and things are going well)